Table of Contents
Take a deep breath when you read this: there are over 10,000 industrial chemicals in common skin care products. The average American adult is exposed to 168 hazardous chemicals each day. And everything applied to the skin, be it lip stick or deodorant, sun block or general skin care products are absorbed by the body, just like they’d been eaten.
Remember that scene in the second season of The Simpsons, in which Mr. Burns ran for Governor, and a three-eyed fish, affectionately called “Blinky”, mutated by the pollution from Burns’s own power plant, came back to haunt him?
The natural skin care movement gets stronger by the day, folks. And one of the more prominent players in this industry is argan oil. From the deserts of Morocco.
moisturize the skinfade wrinklesfight acneheal skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasisstrengthen finger nailscondition damaged hair
Argan oil is an extract of the Argania tree that once covered much of North Africa. Today the tree is endangered, and grows only in a UNESCO protected biosphere in Morocco. And considering that a litre of argan oil constitutes a full season of output from a single tree, argan oil is both rare and highly prized.
More over, the composition of argan oil is of particular interest to the anti-aging industry and to consumers looking for a natural alternative to common skin care products. With a hefty dose of fatty acids, antioxidants, polyphenols and a skin-loving 200% more vitamin E than olive oil, you can see why argan oil has been used for over 3,500 years, for health and for beauty.
A Closer Look at Argan Oil
Argan oil is versatile. In fact, many consumers dabble a small amount in their hair after a thorough cleanse, to treat split ends. You can also use argan oil to fade stretch marks, strengthen finger nails, reduce wrinkles and those fine lines from the sun.
A closer look at argan oil reveals traces of:
Vitamin E (Tocopherol) – A powerful antioxidant, vitamin E reduces harmful free radicals and protects the skin from sun damage. Vitamin E also improves the skin’s ability to retain and use water.
Essential Fatty Acids – These keep your cells healthy and your skin plump, with the ability to re-form after stretching.
Oleic and Linoleic Acid – Essential for their anti-inflammatory properties and to help heal the skin.
Antioxidants – The body’s warriors that protect the skin from free radicals, sun damage, chemicals and pollution. If Blinky the Fish had more antioxidants, he might have avoided that trademark third eye.
Polyphenols – Protection from UV rays and aging from sun damage, polyphenols are anti-inflammatories and fight free radicals.
Squalene Oil – With similar functions to olive oil, squalene oil is a natural moisturizer, a powerful healer and is ideal for people with eczema and psoriasis.
Should You Use Argan Oil?
If all this has your attention, and you’re excited about argan oil and its many uses and healing properties, know this: you’re looking for argan oil in its purest form.
Indeed, it’s not uncommon for some of the larger skin care brands to dilute argan with additives and preservatives. Sometimes these products have in excess of 20 ingredients. All of which dilute the product and reduce the good things that argan can do.
Having said that, argan oil is called “liquid gold” for a reason. It’s rare, it’s potent, and with a track record over three millennia, it’s proven.
If you have dry skin, sensitivities to common skin care products, frizzy hair, wrinkles or stretch marks, or a general interest in natural skin care, then yes, argan oil holds value and is worth your purchase.
But remember that you’re looking for pure argan, undiluted with preservatives that degrade argan oil and the magic it does. Your best bet is to purchase argan oil in its pure form, from a major skin care name with minimal use of parabens and with discount packaging.
To that end, you might consider Skinception Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil, which offers the power of argan oil with the comfort of the Skinception name with a proven track record, live customer support, discount pricing and a firm, money-back guarantee.
A suggestion? Try Skinception Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil, which is argan in its purest state and manufactured in a fair trade co-op. Yet it comes with the name recognition of a respected label and live, 24/7 customer support. That’s good for peace of mind, and it’s backed by a no risk 60 day money back guarantee.
apple music – top songs
- Go Crazy - Leslie Odom, Jr.
- 24/7 - Becky G.
- This August Day - Saint Asonia
- Falsified and Hated - Mayhem
- Super Moon - Garden Centre
- If the World Was Ending (feat. Julia Michaels) - JP Saxe
- Pluto Projector - Rex Orange County
- Uneventful Days - Beck
- The Myth Hold Weight - Moor Mother
- True Love - Harry Connick, Jr.
- The Hype (Berlin) - twenty one pilots
- Cathedral - Hovvdy
- The Wanting - Cody Jinks
- Scary Nights - G-Eazy
- 911 (feat. Wiz Khalifa) - 24hrs
- Let Go - Jacques Greene
- Say to You - Ali Gatie
- Nothing is Safe - clipping.
- Woptober II - Gucci Mane
- Singles Too - Screaming Females
- First Class (feat. Gunna) - Blueface
- Midnight Flight - Conor Matthews
- Piano Joint (This Kind of Love) - Michael Kiwanuka
- You Deserve Love - White Reaper
- No Holiday - The Muffs
- Self Portrait - Sasha Sloan
- think of me - VÉRITÉ
- G2g - Berhana
- Rain - Nicole Bus
- Celestial - Rob Halford
- KIN - Electric Guest
- Kairos - Nicole Bus
- Bucking the System (feat. Kevin Gates) - Gucci Mane
- Hard Luck - White Reaper
- Surviving - Jimmy Eat World
- The Only Ones - The Milk Carton Kids
- Stacked - Kash Doll
- Doin Too Much - Kash Doll
- Ramble - Cody Jinks
- Junior - Corridor
- Between Here and You - BT
- Juice B Crypts - Battles
- Changes - No Vacation
- Look At Me Now - Caroline Polachek
- Delicate Promises - Kelly Elliott
- What the Water Wants (Bonus Track Version) - Ray Alder
- Crush - Floating Points
- Bias - Floating Points
- At This Table - Idina Menzel
- That Divorce - Jillian Dodd
- Part 2 Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost - Foals
- Wild - Tourist
- Check - Chris Janson
- DripDemeanor (feat. Sum1) - Missy Elliott
- Wanted: Wife for Hire - Elizabeth Lennox
- Real Friends - Chris Janson
- Phasing - EP - No Vacation
- Quite Miss Home - James Arthur
- Easy Breezy - Kiana Ledé
- Que Tire pa Lante - Daddy Yankee
- Screamer - Third Eye Blind
- Slipping - EP - Joy Orbison
- Keep On - Sasha Sloan
- Beautifully Broken - Wes Period
- War Music - Refused
- The Acoustic Sessions - Florida Georgia Line
- Going Blue - EP - Victoria Bigelow
- Pop Song - Perfume Genius
- Make It Right - Quinn Lewis
- Primrose Path - Dream State
- YOU - James Arthur
- Vagabon - Vagabon
- Clothes on the Lawn - Jaden Michaels
- Whole Lotta Love - Willie Jones
- Walk the Sky - Alter Bridge
- Curaetion-25: From There to Here From Here to There (Live) - The Cure
- The Slays - The Slays
- Dawn Chorus - Jacques Greene
- Shepherd - Fit for An Autopsy
- Single - Alexander Stewart
- Blood Red - Refused
- Christmas: A Season of Love - Idina Menzel
- There Existed an Addiction to Blood - clipping.
- MOTIONS - Melii
- 555 - Jimmy Eat World
- Bite Me - Kilo Kish
- Enter Cold Void Dreaming - 1349
- Rise of Da Moon - Black Moon
- Anniversary: 1978 - 2018 Live In Hyde Park London (Live) - The Cure
- Down Home Sessions V - EP - Cole Swindell
- Rings a Bell - Allie X
- Peachy Keen - L Devine
- The Infernal Pathway - 1349
- PANG - Caroline Polachek
- Love Is a Lion - Citizen Way
- Ferrari N a Junkyard - Robnhood Tra
- Like Lightning - Foals
- Never Look Back (Edit) - Boris Brejcha
- War of the Fae Gods - Jayne Faith
- Häagen Dazs - Ghetto Sage