Table of Contents
Take a deep breath when you read this: there are over 10,000 industrial chemicals in common skin care products. The average American adult is exposed to 168 hazardous chemicals each day. And everything applied to the skin, be it lip stick or deodorant, sun block or general skin care products are absorbed by the body, just like they’d been eaten.
Remember that scene in the second season of The Simpsons, in which Mr. Burns ran for Governor, and a three-eyed fish, affectionately called “Blinky”, mutated by the pollution from Burns’s own power plant, came back to haunt him?
The natural skin care movement gets stronger by the day, folks. And one of the more prominent players in this industry is argan oil. From the deserts of Morocco.
moisturize the skinfade wrinklesfight acneheal skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasisstrengthen finger nailscondition damaged hair
Argan oil is an extract of the Argania tree that once covered much of North Africa. Today the tree is endangered, and grows only in a UNESCO protected biosphere in Morocco. And considering that a litre of argan oil constitutes a full season of output from a single tree, argan oil is both rare and highly prized.
More over, the composition of argan oil is of particular interest to the anti-aging industry and to consumers looking for a natural alternative to common skin care products. With a hefty dose of fatty acids, antioxidants, polyphenols and a skin-loving 200% more vitamin E than olive oil, you can see why argan oil has been used for over 3,500 years, for health and for beauty.
A Closer Look at Argan Oil
Argan oil is versatile. In fact, many consumers dabble a small amount in their hair after a thorough cleanse, to treat split ends. You can also use argan oil to fade stretch marks, strengthen finger nails, reduce wrinkles and those fine lines from the sun.
A closer look at argan oil reveals traces of:
Vitamin E (Tocopherol) – A powerful antioxidant, vitamin E reduces harmful free radicals and protects the skin from sun damage. Vitamin E also improves the skin’s ability to retain and use water.
Essential Fatty Acids – These keep your cells healthy and your skin plump, with the ability to re-form after stretching.
Oleic and Linoleic Acid – Essential for their anti-inflammatory properties and to help heal the skin.
Antioxidants – The body’s warriors that protect the skin from free radicals, sun damage, chemicals and pollution. If Blinky the Fish had more antioxidants, he might have avoided that trademark third eye.
Polyphenols – Protection from UV rays and aging from sun damage, polyphenols are anti-inflammatories and fight free radicals.
Squalene Oil – With similar functions to olive oil, squalene oil is a natural moisturizer, a powerful healer and is ideal for people with eczema and psoriasis.
Should You Use Argan Oil?
If all this has your attention, and you’re excited about argan oil and its many uses and healing properties, know this: you’re looking for argan oil in its purest form.
Indeed, it’s not uncommon for some of the larger skin care brands to dilute argan with additives and preservatives. Sometimes these products have in excess of 20 ingredients. All of which dilute the product and reduce the good things that argan can do.
Having said that, argan oil is called “liquid gold” for a reason. It’s rare, it’s potent, and with a track record over three millennia, it’s proven.
If you have dry skin, sensitivities to common skin care products, frizzy hair, wrinkles or stretch marks, or a general interest in natural skin care, then yes, argan oil holds value and is worth your purchase.
But remember that you’re looking for pure argan, undiluted with preservatives that degrade argan oil and the magic it does. Your best bet is to purchase argan oil in its pure form, from a major skin care name with minimal use of parabens and with discount packaging.
To that end, you might consider Skinception Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil, which offers the power of argan oil with the comfort of the Skinception name with a proven track record, live customer support, discount pricing and a firm, money-back guarantee.
A suggestion? Try Skinception Cold Pressed Cosmetic Argan Oil, which is argan in its purest state and manufactured in a fair trade co-op. Yet it comes with the name recognition of a respected label and live, 24/7 customer support. That’s good for peace of mind, and it’s backed by a no risk 60 day money back guarantee.
apple music – top songs
- Ms. California - Beach Bunny
- Feed - Soccer Mommy
- Initiative - Shopping
- Posthumous Forgiveness - Tame Impala
- Wolves ov Siberia (Radio 1 Session) [Live] - Behemoth
- Immortal - Lorna Shore
- You and I - Caribou
- Unbreakable - Anti-Flag
- Ex Bitch - XXXTENTACION
- Euphoria - Destiny Rogers
- Adore You - Harry Styles
- Put a Little Love On Me - Niall Horan
- Golden: Live in Concert - Kylie Minogue
- love, death, distraction - EDEN
- Apple Music Live: Piazza Liberty - Ultimo (Live) - EP - Ultimo
- Finally // beautiful stranger - Halsey
- Lullaby Renditions of Snoop Dogg - Rockabye Baby!
- You Remind Me - Mary J. Blige
- Bravery - W.J. May
- Sigourney Fever - EP - Trampled By Turtles
- From the Grave - Single - Cro-Mags
- VANDALS - FEVER 333
- Anselm - Jasinda Wilder
- Decades: Live in Buenos Aires - Nightwish
- Stripped - EP - Conor Matthews
- We Got Love - Teyana Taylor
- HERstory Vol. 1 - Mary J. Blige
- A Hidden Life (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - James Newton Howard
- Today - August Alsina
- World War Joy - The Chainsmokers
- honeycomb - EP - Kwaku Asante
- Gazelles - Frida Sundemo
- Riddled with Disease - Gareth Reynolds
- Midnight Sparks - Kranium
- Drive the Boat - Pop Smoke
- MONTANA - French Montana
- MTV Unplugged Live In Melbourne - Courtney Barnett
- Nature - Elley Duhé
- Sheep - EP - Smile Empty Soul
- A Beautiful Thing: IDLES Live at Le Bataclan - IDLES
- Fading - Shallou
- Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial - Roddy Ricch
- I know (feat. RIZ LA VIE) - Rence
- One of Us - Quinn Lewis
- The Glorious Christ (Live) - Sovereign Grace Music
- pretty kitten - Dua Saleh
- Love That Never - TOKiMONSTA
- The Academy - Tempest - C. L. Stone
- 8Tracks, Vol. 3: Black Sheep - Walker Hayes
- Live Forever (feat. Cheat Codes) - Liam Payne
- MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT - MONSTA X
- Romance - Camila Cabello
- A Johnson Files Christmas - EP - Shaun Johnson
- Cash Machine - Oliver Tree
- Garden - Ambar Lucid
- These Elements - EP - Låpsley
- House Money - Max B
- The Box - Roddy Ricch
- Black Sheep - 8Track - Walker Hayes
- Bad Vibes Forever - XXXTENTACION
- LP1 - Liam Payne
- Bloom - Surfaces
- The Deuce (feat. The Martin Family Trio) - Terrace Martin
- Christmas Tree Farm - Taylor Swift
- Portrait - Yann Tiersen
- Untitled - Mk.gee
- Grown Man - Sammie
- The House of Da Vinci 2 - Blue Brain Games
- Conference of Birds / Birds in Disguise - EP - Avey Tare
- Pleaser - Georgia Maq
- Brasil - EOB
- Cuba - Theophilus London
- Lilac - Porridge Radio
- Say It Now - Nick Wilson
- Fades Away (feat. MishCatt) [Tribute Concert Version] - Avicii
- SELF (feat. Mereba) - Brandon Banks
- Hard - Rico Nasty
- Board Games Collection - Marmalade Game Studio
- Late Night Kisses - Whitney G.
- Love Actually (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists
- Solita - Kali Uchis
- G.O.A.T. - 1TakeJay
- Naked - Ella Isaacson
- Riding Solo - Hinds
- The Other Woman - Stumptown
- New Beginnings - Vikings
- The Prophet - Vikings
- One Fight in Bangkok - The Real Housewives of Dallas
- The Path of Shadows - Nancy Drew
- Kill or Cure - SEAL Team
- A Very Simple Plan - Survivor
- A Place Where Men Can Be Men - Single Parents
- Vikings, Season 6 - Vikings
- Cut from a Different Cloth - The Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Conqueror - BAND-MAID
- Chapter Sixty-Five: “In Treatment” - Riverdale
- Monopoly - Marmalade Game Studio
- +DONE161201+ - CL
- Inside Out - Five Finger Death Punch
- Overthrow - David Poyer